About Us

Our History

In 1910 David Hyde, the son of Irish immigrants, started a heating and sheet metal business in the garage of his North St. Louis home. He established a tradition of craftsmanship and service that is carried on today by his grandson, James B. Hyde Jr. and great-grandson Peter Hyde.

From the garage in North St. Louis, Hyde Sheet Metal grew and expanded into a small building on Easton Avenue, to the 4800 block of Page Avenue in 1927 and to Hanley Industrial Court in 1966. The company moved to its present location on Kahlmeyer Drive in 1997.

Originally established as a heating contractor installing residential coal-fired furnaces, Hyde Sheet Metal expanded into commercial construction around 1918. The company gradually phased out its heating division and moved exclusively into providing architectural sheet metal services in the 1950s.

The Company Today

Hyde Sheet Metal serves building contractors, roofing contractors and private owners on commercial, retail and educational construction projects of all sizes in the St. Louis area. Notable projects include: Anheuser-Busch Tour Center, St. Charles County Courthouse, O’Fallon Missouri City Hall Copper Dome, The Microsoft Building/Cortex district, Lindbergh School District Central Offices, Ranken Jordan Expansion, and St. Simon the Apostle Catholic Church. Hyde Sheet Metal also specializes in commercial and residential custom copper work.

Our Legacy

On every job, Hyde Sheet Metal strives to provide the highest quality of architectural sheet metal work and the best service in the St. Louis area.

Hyde Sheet Metal has proudly employed members of the Sheet Metal Workers Union Local 36 for nearly 100 years and is an active member of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA).